Breaking News

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga: It is always special to play Federer

Jo-Wilfried Tsonga recently spoke about his upcoming clash against Roger Federer, saying that he has nothing to lose and would go into this clash as he keeps comeback on track.

Missing 7 months due to a knee surgery, the Frenchmen has shown signs of promise as he returns to grass courts for the first time in almost 2 years.

"It is always special to play Federer, I will give everything I've got," Tsonga said. "There is less pressure than usual, because there is no shame in losing to Roger Federer. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain."

Though the pair have had multiple clashes, they have only played once on grass, an epic 5 set battle that saw Tsonga come back from 2 sets to 0 down. "It's true I have never lost to him on grass, but that is only because we have only played once," said Tsonga.

“If we had played ten times, the roles would probably be reversed. It is a different situation now. I want to do well, but I coming back from a long way away."

Further speaking about his return, Tsonga said he is happy with the way he is going. "I am still paying for it a bit after a whole year of not playing. It's as if I actually retired last year," he said.

"But I am happy, there have been no catastrophes. Physically, I am getting better and better each week."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2ZCsD9C

No comments