Breaking News

Konta speaks on chances of her playing Wimbledon mixed doubles with Murray

It doesn't seem likely that Johanna Konta and Andy Murray will team up to play mixed doubles at Wimbledon. 

Murray made a comeback to competitive action by playing doubles at the Queen's Club with Feliciano Lopez.

The 32-year-old also plans to play doubles with Marcelo Melo in Eastbourne and Pierre-Hugues Herbert at Wimbledon respectively. 

While announcing Herbert as his Wimbledon partner, Murray also revealed he got turned down by several players from the WTA. 

"I mean, way to make me sound like a hooker. I mean 'offer my services.' Jeez," Konta said, per Metro UK.

"I haven’t watched Andy [play this week], I’ve seen some highlights on social media and I have seen how excited he is to be on court which I think is just brilliant to see. He hasn’t asked me to play mixed so I haven’t given it any thought. 

"I have since found out he has got some no’s from some players and I just assume those players have said no because they are focusing on different things in the tournament."

When pressed to be more direct about the chances of her teaming up with Murray, Konta said: "I would have to think about it and talk to my coaches. I honestly haven’t thought about playing mixed there so I don’t know."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/31S52DN

No comments