Breaking News

Roger Federer jokes about his age, speaks about future of tennis

In a press conference after triumphing in Halle, Roger Federer said: "Every time I’ve won in Halle, I went on to play really well at Wimbledon. It’s never a guarantee of course, but I’ve been on the Tour for long enough to know what it means. Most important is I know I’m injury-free. I’m going to have a couple of days off I guess and then get ready once I’m going to be at Wimbledon practising again. But for now I’m going to enjoy this one, rest up a little bit, and then look forward to the rest."

Then he laughed: "I may not be even so old, maybe in the future everyone will play until 50 years of age. I am shocked that I have been on Tour for more than 20 years. It makes a bit sad because I enjoyed myself. But luckily, it has not finished yet."

Who inspired him? "My coaches. The people around me, especially my wife Mirka and my parents. But also all the friends I have. I always tried to stay a kid. But in the same time, to grow quickly. When my career ends, I will be in peace with myself. At the moment, everything is a big bonus for me."

Federer will seek his ninth Wimbledon title. He last triumphed there in 2017 defeating the Croat Marin Cilic in a straight-set final. Cilic was injured in that match.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2X88Pyj

No comments