Breaking News

Stefanos Tsitsipas: 'I am not behaving like a top ten player does'

Stefanos Tsitsipas believes he can be much better from a mental point of view. Speaking to the Greek press following his French Open second-round match win over Hugo Dellien, the 20-year-old said: "There are some ups and down. I am working on it. That comes from me. If I tell myself before a match, Today you will be calm whatever happens, and I put it in my mind, I usually stay calm. But when I am a bit nervous, not knowing how my opponent plays because I never saw him, there can be an upset. I know that the best players like Djokovic, Federer and Nadal are able to stay consistent. I have to behave like a top ten player because sometimes I feel like I am not doing it. Behaviour, discipline and mindset are different for the top ten players. The sooner I head into this mood, the better for my career is."

"Being a favourite makes me nervous", admitted Tsitsipas. "Everyone is expecting you to win, to beat everyone easily. But for example, Rafael Nadal does not get influenced by that! I know that I have the opportunity to gain points. As for the rankings, I set some goals I want to reach. The less I think, the clearer my mind is and the clearer I play. Without being too nervous."

Tsitsipas leads two sets to love over Filip Krajinovic in the French Open third round match.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/30ZbhFA

No comments