Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev recalls his first Davis Cup memory

Rising Russian star Daniil Medvedev remembers well his first Davis Cup match, which he played against world No. 1 Novak Djokovic in the second rubber of the Russia versus Serbia 2017 World Group first round tie. 

Medvedev, now ranked at No. 14 in the world, fought hard against the 15-time Grand Slam as he won the opening set before he was unfortunately forced to retire the match 3-6 6-4 6-1 1-0. 

Serbia ended up progressing to the quarter-final that year as they demolished Russia 4-0 in front of their home fans in Nis. 

"First memory I have is me playing my first time, it was actually against Novak Djokovic, and it's funny because we were practising like one week before, and he invited me to go with him on his private jet. I took the invitation! I won the first set. I remember I had cramps after, but anyway, it's a strong memory to remember about my first time," Medvedev told the Davis Cup Finals website when asked what's his first Davis Cup memory. 

Medvedev, 23, helped Russia beat Switzerland in a Davis Cup qualifying round tie in February as he will be motivated to help his side achieve a good result at the inaugural edition of the Davis Cup Finals event later this year. 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2Wipy1q

No comments