Breaking News

Christian Garin shares why he left the Rafa Nadal Academy

In an interview to ESPN Tenis, Christian Garin has shared why he left the Rafa Nadal Academy based in Manacor, Spain. The Chilean player said: "Living in Chile again was pretty useful because it was something I wanted. Also, I started enjoying what I do and so I discovered that tennis is my real passion."

His coach said that when he started coaching him, he was aware to have in front of him a kid who was struggling. "He had six kilos more than the normal ones and he had no order in his head."

"It was difficult to accept that I had to make a transition through the Futures, a Challenger qualies, play good matches but losing in a Challenger second round", recognized Garin. "There were many ups and downs. I built up a solid team around me to do it."

He has won two titles, Munich and Houston both on clay, so far: "It has been a great year for me. I went through things I thought I would have not lived so early. I am really very happy that the work of many years started paying off."

Meanwhile, Dominic Thiem spoke about his next opponent Andrey Rublev in Hamburg: “I will try to continue playing like I did in the second set today. Yet, it will be a completely different match. Andrey can hit winners from almost every position on the court. My goal will be to bring him out of his comfort zone.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2K2dxEq

No comments