Breaking News

Roger Federer shares what he won't miss tennis of tennis after retirement

Roger Federer still loves tennis, but he assured he will love his post career days as well. Speaking at the BNP Paribas Open on Wednesday, the Swiss player said: "The day has only so many hours, and at some point I’m just happy to sit on the couch and maybe watch TV or just play with my kids or go for a nice dinner with my friends and my wife instead of sitting in another ice bath.”

Federer also recalled his junior days: "I thought that was really quite an exciting time and it was a time also when a lot of people were saying, ‘He might be the next best thing in Swiss tennis'. At the regional and national level, all of a sudden you’re making little waves and it was exciting. I enjoyed it.”

Kei Nishikori praised Federer: “It’s something incredible to see, how much he plays with a high level and he doesn’t have many injuries. For sure that he works so much harder than everybody. We don’t see much but I’m sure that he works really hard but also I think the way he plays is very smooth. You can tell. It doesn’t look like he puts any stress to his body when he plays any shots, I think, to me.”

Federer will seek his sixth title in Indian Wells. He last triumphed in 2017

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OgbQsh

No comments