Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'My toughest career moments were caused by injuries'

What was the toughest moment Rafael Nadal has had in his career? Speaking to Movistar, the Spanish player replied: "The toughest moments were the injuries. They make you drop their excitement, you go through dark times and you need to look for the light again. I went through those situations more than what I hoped to, the last months have been tougher than the past and it's tough because you cannot compete having the same chances as the others do. But in sad times, I always think about the good things I experienced and be grateful to life for all what has given me."

On how to approach a match against a friend, Nadal added: "When you face a friend, you have to approach it as a one more match. You need to be respectful but we are competing, it's a game, your friend plays for the same goal. Of course you do not have to cheat balls, if he calls the ball out and he shows you the mark, I think he doesn't cheat."

What was his best moment in life? "I cannot answer such a thing. I shared many happy moments with my dearest ones. In tennis, I lived a lot of happy moments. Sports make you have a big adrenaline. But in the end it's about enjoying myself with your loved ones."

Wimbledon or French Open? "Paris". Beach or mountain? "Beach". Pasta or fish? "Fish". LeBron James or Michael Jordan? "Michael Jordan". Two hours playing playstation or two hours watching cinema? "Cinema. Until eight years ago I would have answered playstation."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2OdMJGq

No comments