Breaking News

Kei Nishikori Unsure About Playing Mixed Doubles with Noami Osaka in Tokyo

Tennis - Japan's No. 1 player Kei Nishikori says that while he will surely play the men's doubles event at the Tokyo Olympics next year, he is not sure if he can play three events at the Olympics - including the mixed doubles. When asked about the possibility of playing mixed doubles with fellow Japanese star Naomi Osaka, Nishikori says, "I will play men’s doubles, for sure. With that condition -- very hot, very humid -- playing singles and two doubles, I don’t know if I can. I haven’t (had to) think too much yet honestly. I don’t know. I will talk to Naomi later."

Speaking about the stuggles of Osaka after her Australian Open victory, Nishikori says, "I’m sure it’s going to be OK. I think time will help her to get back to normal. I think it’s normal to have that feeling. She suddenly gets number one, winning two Grand Slams, be number one like straightaway. She’s still young. I’m sure she will think a lot of things -- some things she doesn’t have to think. But if she can try hard practicing and play every match hard, I think she’s going to be OK.”

The 29-year-old Nishikori is currently ranked No. 7 in the world and the former US Open finalist will meet Marco Trungelliti in the first round in New York. He has lost both his first round matches on the US hardcourt swing after reaching the quarter-finals at Wimbledon where he lost to Roger Federer.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2MDmO9G

No comments