Breaking News

I do not think Daniil Medvedev will win US Open, says Wawrinka

Stan Wawrinka lost to Daniil Medvedev in a four-set quarter-final match at the US Open. The Swiss player, analyzing the Russian's performance, said: "I think in general he's playing really well. He's really solid. He has a tough game to play. I didn't start well. I never really find the right rhythm. I wanted to find between staying back and being offensive. Didn't serve so well. He was playing well. He was there when he need it, and he was the better player today. I saw him saying the last two matches that he didn't feel he could play but he's still winning, still playing well, and still playing better and better the more the match goes on. So it was nothing important for me. I wasn't at my best today. I wasn't moving great. I didn't mix enough my game, and at the end it was struggle."

Asked if he thinks Medvedev can win the US Open, Wawrinka replied: "He can, but I don't think he will. I think it's going to be really difficult. Because he looks to start to be tired, and he has to beat some more tougher player in the semifinal, Roger or Grigor, and then in the final. But again, he's showing last few weeks that anything can happen with him, so for sure he's going to have a shot. He just need two more matches."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Ljdypq

No comments