Breaking News

Roger Federer shares when he felt unbeatable

Jimmy Connors said he played five perfect matches in his career that he thought he actually hit where he felt he could play at for an entire match. How many did Roger Federer have at this stage of your career? "More than five, just because", he said laughing. "I don't know. I feel like I've had maybe more than five. I don't know. I feel like I've had many good finals or moments where I just, like, I'm just not going to lose this match, I feel too good today. I can even pace myself during the match. Don't waste the extra energy and all that. I see what he's saying. If you're talking absolute pinnacle, seeing the ball like a football, everything is happening, going your way, you feel like you're reading the opponent's mind and all these things, yes, maybe around that number, too."

Can he recall one? "Maybe finals here in '04 against Lleyton Hewitt."

Meanwhile the former world No. 1 Marat Safin defended Daniil Medvedev over criticism for his controversy with the US Open crowd: "The situation is absolutely normal. When you olay, you disconnect yourself from the buzz and the background. If you get pressure, then you lose focus. Booing from the crowd cannot make you have more energy. Our men are doing well because they play well, they are great, left Russia and trained abroad. Not everyone can do it, but only a strong person. The training level and weather condition are better abroad. Spain is a tennis country. We have more hockey here. They say that Football was born in England, grew in Brazil, died in Russia."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2MRSNCY

No comments