Breaking News

Kyrgios overwhelmed by US Open’s center court: “It was very tough to see”

Playing on Arthur Ashe stadium, the main court of the US Open, proved to be a burden for Nick Kyrgios, who confessed that he had difficulties adapting his eyesight during his straight-sets defeat – 7/6, 7/6, 6/3 -, against Andrey Rublev.

The controversial Aussie plays in high-level tournaments most of the time, but he rarely features on Grand Slam center courts as he did on US Open’s historic Arthur Ashe Stadium.

“Just different conditions. Ashe is a massive court. It took me a little while to get adjusted. It was very tough to see”, said Nick at the post-match conference.

The massive crowd and the multitude of lights were not the only causes that disturbed Nick’s sight. Kyrgios said during his match “Call of Duty will ruin my life” and he was asked to explain this phrase, knowing that ‘Call of Duty’ is a renowned shooting video game.

Nick admitted that he is an avid gamer and this could have affected his eyes, considering the long amount of time he spends in front of digital screens.

“That's hilarious. I was just taking a shot because I game a lot. My eyes might have taken a while to adjust to the lights, yeah. Bit of a gamer”, said Kyrgios.

If Nick wants to get rid of this kind of problems, a healthier lifestyle and more tennis-focused activities should be beneficial for him. However, Kyrgios pointed out that his opponent played great and wished Rublev to go far in the tournament: "He played great tonight. Was super aggressive. I never felt comfortable. That was just credit to him playing his game. Yeah, it was tough. I mean, I had chances. I just didn't take them. I mean, he's playing well. Had a great week in Cincinnati. I wish him all the best. I hope he goes really deep. Yeah, nowhere near my best tennis, but it is what it is", concluded Kyrgios.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2jSajdB

No comments