Breaking News

Alexei Popyrin Happy with Season After Qualifying for All Slams

Tennis - Australian youngster Alexei Popyrinn says he is happy with his performance after going down to Italian Matteo Berrettini in the third roud of the US Open on Saturday night. Popyrin went down to the Italian 6-4, 6-4, 6-7, 7-6 in four sets.

Popyrin commented after his loss. "It's just all positive. I'm really happy with the way I fought, with the way I played. That was high-level tennis. I'll fight to the death. I'll fight down to the last point every match. That just comes with fighting spirit... I fought for that fourth set and I felt if I had have gone to a fifth set, I would have been the favourite. I felt like physically I was in a bit better shape than him."

Popyrin says he is happy with his achievements this year after playing all the four Grand Slams in one season. "Every experience at a slam is a learning experience for me. This is my first year of playing all four slams during the year, so I've played a full slam calendar and then to get past the first round in two of them and to get past the second round in another two of them is an unbelievable achievement for me. I was ranked outside the top 100 coming into the tournament and now I'm back in the top 100, which is great and hopefully I can stay there for a long time. Hopefully I can continue this level. If I play the tennis that I played this week, I know I'm going to do good things."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2kk9OZN

No comments