Breaking News

Novak Djokovic reveals future plans following US Open retirement

Novak Djokovic spoke about his next plans after his retirement against Stan Wawrinka at the US Open.

The Serb said he hopes his season is not finished yet. He will take a one-month break before, hopefully, coming back at the Rakuten Japan Open in Tokyo. Djokovic is also committed to Shanghai, Paris, ATP Finals and Davis Cup Finals in Madrid.

"An evaluation is to come, obviously I did a lot of different treatments in the last couple of weeks but I am definitely going to do it again and see how the shoulder reacts", said the Serb. The pain was consistenf for weeks now, some days harder some days with less intensity, and taking different stuff to heal the pain instantly. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Not playing is going to help and speed up the recovery. I am planning to play Tokyo and hopefully I am able to do so. The season is not yet over,  my Grand Slam season has done for me, I won two Grand Slams out of four, I reached the semis in French so I cannot complain. We will see. There is plenty of big tournaments ahead. Ranking-wise many points to defend for me and trying to hold the No. 1 ranking spot. With Rafa Nadal playing well, Roger Federer and other guys, I just hope I get a chance to be competing because if healthy I like my chances in Asia and in the European part of the season as I have historically played well there", concluded the 32-year-old.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2kanozb

No comments