Breaking News

Rafael Nadal shares why he skipped Cincinnati

In an interview with Eurosport Spain, Rafael Nadal analyzed his win over Hyeon Chung. The Spaniard said: "I played a very normal match. Not very good not very bad. Good and bad things. It was a good result against a player who was coming from playing well and when you achieve this result without doing amazing things, it's great news."

On why he skipped Cincinnati, Nadal added: "In the end, the decision is up to me but I have a team behind me and the things are usually agreed. During my whole life, I listened a lot. When I went to Montreal, I did because in the past I did better in Montreal than Cincinnati. The logical thing was to skip Montreal after finishing the clay-court season and Wimbledon late. But in the end, I went to Montreal and I said, If I play well there, playing two Masters 1000s in a row after all the issues I had maybe too much. My priority is to be healthy and happy."

On his game, Nadal concluded: "The forehand is the most important shot. Then if the backhand starts working, things go much better and I have more chances. I am hitting well but I could do well. The next matches will help me, I hope. I am training well and not playing for three days takes you rhythm away. I did not play sets either because when I learned of Kokkinakis's retirement, I did not play sets in the training session. But it's good."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2UlxR8o

No comments