Breaking News

Tickets on sale for Roger Federer vs Rafael Nadal charity match

On Wednesday, September 4 at 9:00 AM tickets for the charity exhibition match between Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal will go on sale. The 'Match for Africa 6' will take place in Cape Town on Friday, February 7, 2020, benefiting the Roger Federer Foundation that has now reached one million children through its programmes. Federer said: "This Match in Africa is a dream come true. I will play in my mother's home country against my toughest rival and friend Rafa Nadal."

Nadal said: "Roger and I have shared so many magical moments on and off the court. Travelling with him to Cape Town and playing for the benefit of children is something I am very excited about. It will be my first time in the region with Roger as a tour guide - that will be fun."

Not only Federer and Nadal will face each other in a singles match, but there will also be a doubles match featuring the Swiss pairing up with the Microsoft founder Bill Gates against Nadal and South African comedian Trevor Noah.

The WTA Founder Billie Jean King commented on the Grand Slam best of five sets format. The American said: "I want the men's and women's matches to have the same format, which will reduce confusion for the fans, especially the younger fans. Sometimes not taking a risk is a bigger risk and I think a change in this format would benefit tennis. For the health of our players, the management of our tournaments and the enjoyment of our fans, I feel it is best to get all men's and women's tournaments on the same page and two out of three sets is the way to go."

John McEnroe said: "People's attention spans in general are so much shorter than they used to be. I think if anything they're looking to shorten men's matches in a way because of the issues with the amount of time you are out there, just two people."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/30WfF7U

No comments