Breaking News

Alexander Zverev: 'Tsitsipas makes your focus go away'

Alexander Zverev criticized players taking toilet breaks in order to make their opponents lose their focus. Frances Tiafoe took a 12-minute toilet against the German. "Many players do it. Of course Tsitsipas and Medvedev play very well. They are on the top ten rankings. But Tsitsipas does a lot to make the opponent lose his focus. Like with the shoes in Washington. You do not need to do it, not even what he did here (Tsitsipas took a short break for several minutes during the match against Rublev). You could say now: it's not my business. But he does it. I do not want to do it", said Zverev.

On his arguments with the umpire during his fourth round loss to Diego Schwartzman on Monday, Zverev said: "Code violation is fine. I didn't even argue that. But neither of us heard me getting a warning in the first place. So it was like, Okay, a warning is fine, it's no problem, but why am I getting a point penalty? He said he gave me a warning before.I didn't hear it. Diego didn't hear it. Most of the crowd didn't hear it. Okay, it happened. It happened. It's fine. I think the umpires next time should let me know about it."

Zverev hit 68mph second serves. Why? "My first serve is still fine. My second serve needs to be worked on. But I'll deal with it."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2ZJyOIB

No comments