Breaking News

Beating Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal is possible, says Zverev

Alexander Zverev feels fully motivated to reach the biggest heights of tennis. The German tennis player said: "I work hard and I do my best to improve. Beating Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal is possible. It has been a difficult year for me, especially off the court but I ended on the top eight. As a growth process it has been positive for me", said Zverev who expects a competitive match against Federer on Friday: "We always go out there competing, the results in Chile and Argentina have been what they have been, what we try is to give a good show."

Federer reassessed his season: "For me it was an incredible with year with four titles, it would have been better if I had won Wimbledon but I will keep doing my best to beat younger guys like Zverev. My biggest dream is not to win more matches, I wake up all day thinking about my family and the things I think that are important in life, I understand that the matches won are the weapon to have success but now I also think about other things. It's not difficult for me to feel motivated when you compete against the best guys in the world. At Sascha's age (22) I was not as professional as him but I got through this stage and I improved. I never thought about retiring despite I suffered a knee issue in 2016. It was tough but I knew if I did things well I would have turned it around."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2D6U1DA

No comments