Breaking News

Berrettini: 'Roger Federer deserved the win but I can compete with him'

Matteo Berrettini spoke to the Italian press about his loss to Roger Federer at the ATP Finals in London. The Italian player said: "I am satisfied for how satisfied you can be after a loss but there is always something to learn, so I will take the best out of this loss. Federer deserved the win but I am aware I can keep this level. My break points in the second set could have made things end up different although the match would have still been long. I had my chances."

Berrettini also admitted he is tired a bit: "As for my schedule we had decided before the US Open which tournaments I would play: St. Petersburg, Beijing, Shanghai, Vienna and Paris. Then that big thing in New York happened so everything changed but we kept having that schedule. We kept investing on what we had told ourselves. I feel tired since after the US Open. For sure today I was not like, Roger played bad, so I have a chance. I think i still played a good match. I think he made some unforced error also because of me because on serve I was hurting him. I got many first serve points."

On people saying he has a weak backhand, Berrettini commented: "Throughout the year I improved it a lot, it's one of the reasons why I am here. Then it's clear that one thing is to play against Federer and one is to play an ATP 250. The pressure he puts on you is different too. Both Roger and Novak looked for my backhand during the matches."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2KiVKcT

No comments