Breaking News

Daniil Medvedev reveals why he lives in Monte Carlo

Daniil Medvedev revealed why he lives in Monte Carlo and not in his birthplace, Moscow. The 23-year-old said: "I love Moscow a lot, I know it well and I miss it. But living and training more abroad is better. I know three languages including French, I speak it fluently. All this thank to my coach Gilles Cervara. I am very grateful to my coach. At times it seems he knows me more than myself. Sometimes he sends me photos on WhatsApp and I do not even notice they are from him."

On the big recognition coming for the Russia's football team, Medvedev added: "I think the players fully deserved this award with an amazing match at the 2018 World Cup and reaching the quarter-finals. They made the entire country. At the time I was at Wimbledon and me and my team watched the match against Spain. I got an award for the US Open final too even if I am not sure if it's useful."

On his passion for football, Medvedev said: "I was playing it a lot, often with my friends, but now I do it once a year since I am afraid of hurting myself. Many years ago I was compared to Mario Gomez because I scored a lot."

On his loss to Stefanos Tsitsipas, Medvedev concluded: "He was better today, but I felt like I was missing some things. This frustrates me after. I do think it would frustrate me against any other opponent. As I say, I hate to lose against anybody. Of course I wanted to make it even more bigger head-to-head, but it's the way it was, it's the way it is, and hopefully it will change the next time."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/36Wj0qU

No comments