Breaking News

Janko Tipsarevic: I'm trying to cherish every moment at Davis Cup Finals

Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic says there will be lots of emotions from his side at the Davis Cup Finals as he is eager to enjoy to the fullest the last tournament of his professional career. 

Tipsarevic, a four-time ATP champion and former world No. 8, found a place in the Serbian team for the Davis Cup Finals after captain Nenad Zimonjic selected him for a trip to Madrid. 

Tipsarevic, now ranked at No. 219 in the world, was a member of the Serbian team that captured its maiden Davis Cup title in 2010.

"I am looking forward for this whole week. It will be my last professional competition or tournament so this time is very emotional for me, my team and my family... So I'm trying to cherish every moment that I'm here in Madrid and I'm enjoying every single second of it," Tipsarevic told the Davis Cup Finals. 

Tipsarevic will be joined in the Serbian team by world No. 2 Novak Djokovic, Dusan Lajovic, Filip Krajinovic and Viktor Troicki.

Serbia has been placed in Group A with France and Japan.

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2pqYrBX

No comments