Breaking News

Novak Djokovic: 'Roger Federer is one of the greatest players ever'

Novak Djokovic spoke highly of Roger Federer in a press conference. The Serb said: "Roger's experience and mental strength has been almost unprecedented, you know. He's one of the greatest players ever to hold the racquet. His ability to recover after big losses and, you know, cope with the pressure in tough moments on the court has been phenomenal over the years. I have tons of respect for him. I understand that, you know, regardless of the age or surface or whatever it is, when I play Roger, I know he's going to deliver his best tennis. Rarely he didn't deliver his best tennis when we played, and we've played many times. So I don't think it's going to create some kind of a mental challenge or obstacle for him. Maybe, maybe not. I don't know. But I don't want to think about that or expect that, because I want to rely on really what I do well and try to execute that."

On how he approached his match win against Matteo Berrettini, Djokovic added: "I try to do my homework with my team. Of course I have both tennis coaches at this tournament with me. We watched the videos, tried to collect data and do the thorough analysis of his game, prepare ourselves well. I think it's necessary to do that homework. I'm sure everyone does it. You know, it has worked. It has worked well. It's not a guarantee that it will work well, but at least you know the patterns of play of your opponent, which helps, especially if you have never faced him before."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/32ElfM9

No comments