Breaking News

Alexander Zverev shares keys behind win over Rafael Nadal

Alexander Zverev was happy with his win over Rafael Nadal at the ATP Finals in London. "It's definitely a place and a court that I love, and that brings maybe the best out of me", said the tournament defending champion. "Yeah, I mean, I'm super happy, obviously. It was a great night for me, especially, you know, me struggling the whole year, and then obviously -- I'm still the defending champion coming back here and the last tournament of the year I qualified. So it was never a sure thing. Obviously when I'm here, I want to use the opportunity as much as I can and do the best as I can. Today was definitely a great match, and I'm super happy to kind of have this match, you know, the first day that I play."

On his next match against Stefanos Tsitsipas, Zverev added: "We played two times this year. Both didn't go my way but both fantastic matches. Especially I think in Beijing it was very, very close and could have gone both ways, even though it was two sets. But, yeah, it's going to be interesting. He played a fantastic match today, I thought, especially for the first time playing here. It's never easy. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. I'm happy to be playing this match on Wednesday, and we'll see how it goes. But I think, you know, looking back at this match today, I feel well on court."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/36XBNSw

No comments