Breaking News

Novak Djokovic:'Davis Cup schedule is not the best but I will give my best'

Novak Djokovic spoke to Reuters about how it feels to play the Davis Cup Finals in Madrid for the first time. The Serb was not initially committed to the event but he eventually switched ideas. "I like playing for Serbia, I love being part of the national team. I like being part of the team where I have my long-time friends on and off the court, the guys I grew up with. I love the fact that we have, actually, the team that won Davis Cup back in 2010, we have Nenad Zimonjic as a captain and then we have Viktor (Troicki), Janko (Tipsarevic), and myself as players alongside the leaders of the next generation of Serbian tennis, which are (Filip) Krajinovic, and (Dusan) Lajovic, so I think we have a really strong team. It's nice to see that everyone is healthy, is doing well, of course, it's been a long season for all of us, schedule is not the best, obviously it's the end of the year, but we are excited, as I said, to play for our nation and we always draw the strength and necessary energy to really play our best and feel our best when we represent our country."

"Obviously the format change has, I think, allowed us to share the stage with 18 other teams, almost 90 players, so it's gonna be super exciting because, you know, there are so many ties, there's gonna be a lot of matches, there's gonna be a lot of scouting, and hopefully, as well, gonna be a lot of fun and good success."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2D31Iug

No comments