Breaking News

Rafael Nadal is the best Spanish sportsman ever, says Corretja

Former world No. 2 Alex Corretja spoke about Spanish Davis Cup team winning its sixth title. Corretja said: "Davis Cup was a success for tennis and the Spanish sport. I think Spain's victory in Madrid gives more interest to the competition and I am very happy for all my teammates," said Corretja who also spoke about Roberto Bautista Agut: "When I learned he would play, I was touched a lot. It surprised me and it's crazy what he achieved. Managing to play, staying focused, winning shows he has a very strong personality and that he is someone very special."

On Rafael Nadal, Corretja added: "He is the best sportsman ever in Spain and one of the best in the world and I would start placing him as one of the best around the world. For all what he achieves and manages, I think it's something only a few guys can do. He is loved in any part of the world. He is a machine, he is a person who will continue until his body holds up and hopefully he stays around for a long time because I think it's impossible to see one like him again."

Meanwhile, Garbine Muguruza spoke about what she does in free time: "I like staying on the sofa when I am not playing or training. I watch a movie, I spend time with my family, friends, I cook, I go to the cinema, supermarket... Normal things."

The mentality in tournaments: "At the French Open I get serious, in a competitive mood. When I compete I change, I become a kind of monster."

 

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/35L1bth

No comments