Breaking News

Roger Federer 'excited' to play with Rafael Nadal in front of 48,000 people

Roger Federer will play an exhibition match in China in December with Alexander Zverev and then, one with Rafael Nadal in Cape Town, South Africa, for charity after the Australian Open. “I’m excited about the match I have Feb. 7 in Cape Town where we’re going to be playing in front of 48,000 people. I’m going to play that with Rafa. That’s obviously very exciting for me as well," said the Basel native.

On his plans for 2020, Federer added: “The schedule might look heavy but I think it’s a really balanced schedule which I think is going to work very well. I’m confident about that. I’m going to play the clay again this year like last year. I’m just not going to play the full clay court schedule. I’m going to take time again to rest and train before the big swing of the French, Wimbledon, and then the Olympics and the U.S. Open. I’m really looking forward to it. I hope I’m going to stay as injury free as this year because it was a lot of fun playing this way because I just felt good and then when you feel good, you just play good as well.”

On how it will feel to play the Olympic Games in Tokyo, Federer said: “I’m very excited to be playing in the Olympics again. I missed the Rio Olympics in 16 because of my knee. I played the three Olympics before that. It’s always been special for me to go to. Tokyo, it’s no different.”

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2QYVELO

No comments