Breaking News

Victor Troicki still shocked about Davis Cup loss with Novak Djokovic

In an interview with Zurnal, Victor Troicki looked back at the doubles rubber he lost with his compatriot Novak Djokovic in Serbia's quarter-final tie against Russians Karen Khachanov and Andrey Rublev. The Serbians wasted match points. "I am completely shocked since when we lost and it's still inside myself. I have not accepted the loss yet and I do not know when it will pass," said Troicki. What did he think about when the match ended? "Every shot and every chance missed, an opportunity we had... A really big damage. I am not even sure now of what happened. Everything fell down all of a sudden and we were one point away from the win. I cannot say we were afraid, but the pressure was big at that stage. We had a big desire and a big chance to go all the way but this time it did not happen. I hope there will be more chances to come. It was definitely my toughest moment in a career. It was very emotional especially that Janko Tipsarevic ended his professional career there and somehow I felt I failed to my team with my errors there."

In a press conference team captain, Nenad Zimonjic had said: "For me, the way I approached always team competition, playing for the country, is if you decide to do so, you do whatever you can to give your best. Whatever a team needs you to do, you do it to your best efforts. And they gave everything today. Sometimes you win together. Sometimes you lose. Like Viktor said, thanks to him we were the -- not just to him -- he happened to play the deciding match. But in order to be in that position, Novak had to win both singles. We had to win as a team. Previous competitions, where some other matches were important."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34u7r8M

No comments