Breaking News

Roger Federer speaks about what makes the Argentinean people epic

Roger Federer recalled the last time he played in Argentina back in 2012. The Swiss said: "My experience was very intense. I remember that in the first match there was a problem with the stadium, on the grounds, everything was postponed by an hour and 20,000 people had to wait for some more time and when I got there I felt an unbelievable, unforeseen atmosphere. It was like (soccer) fans. I played many times against Argentinean players and you always have Argentinean fans chanting like if it was football during a tennis match, which creates a great environment. But when I was in Tigre, in Buenos Aires, getting to the court was special, the environment, the people, the court was packed, it was very special. What do I expect for now? It is the same, I will be unbelievably happy. I am told it will be even better. It will be a dream came true for me. I think Argentina's fans will never disappoint me. They are passionate."

On his approach towards matches in official competitions, Federer said: "I feel a bit nervous. I cannot explain it: I can be nervous for a first-round in Basel more than in the finals because sometimes I am not finding my game or I do not know how people will be or the unknown gives me fear. The pressure on me is always very big, ore something you cannot afford, everyone wants me to win. I handle it. If I am nervous it's not something bad because I feel that I show I care, that I put my heart in, that I am alive, that I want to win which can make me deliver a better performance. If I tell myself, 'Oh, today I have the match, Oh, today I am in the quarter-finals, Oh, today I am in Wimbledon,' nothing happens. If I do not show emotions, I lose. I am happy I am not always nervous. As I am getting older, not being tense is good because I can rest more."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Q4cckT

No comments