Breaking News

Tsitsipas: 'I am the luckiest person facing Federer, Nadal, Djokovic'

In an interview with Socrates, Stefanos Tsitsipas commented on his recent success. The world No. 6 said: "I worked hard to get where I am now. My constantly good performances this year are the prize for my effort. I am the luckiest person in the world when I meet stars like Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer or Novak Djokovic. For years I watched them on TV and now I can face them. It's a dream come true."

On how it felt to reach his maiden Grand Slam semifinal at the Australian Open, he replied: "When you play so well in a  Grand Slam, you get a boost for the following matches. But it's important to be realistic and keep working hard. I am convinced I can play much better and that I will soon win Majors."

On why he plays the one-handed backhand, Tsitsipas said: "When I was eight years old, I was playing two-handed but I fitted more to one-handed. In 2014 I made a big change at the Orange Bowl because I played the one-handed backhand more often. The self-belief increased and now my backhand is my biggest strength. I do not think it would have been as good if I picked the two-handed."

Tsitsipas believes his fanbase can increase: "I would love to see one day potentially a fan base and people come to the court as they do for Roger because it's an army. And you need that. You need an army like this."

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/339o5cs

No comments