Breaking News

Mikaela Shiffrin: 'Stop asking Roger Federer when he will retire'

In an interview with Ski Actu, American skier Mikaela Shiffrin spoke about when she may end her career. Shiffrin said: "I do not think I would like to ski in my late 30s. But if I still love the game a lot and if I manage to work the way I want, there is no reason for me to stop. It's like when I watch Federer. I get angry when people ask when he will stop. He feels well, plays well, he will retire when he really wants to. You just have to enjoy that he is still at the top of his sport. It's motivating to see him enjoying himself as he gets older. He did all that he can but he still loves the game so much. If I find myself in a similar position at 30, 32, 33 years of age, I will still be there."

Speaking furthermore about Federer, Shiffrin added: "He is great, one of my biggest idols. I met him for the first time two years ago. It was unbelievable. We met again in September. We had a great time. He is an unbelievable sportsman but also an amazing person."

Federer, who has been repeatedly asked about retirement joked a few days ago that he would never retire from the sport. The Swiss is all pumped up for the 2020 season and said that he also wants to play the 2021 season.  

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/34Cjjp9

No comments