Breaking News

Novak Djokovic discusses sharing locker room with Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer

After winning his eighth Australian Open two weeks ago, Novak Djokovic is resting in Serbia before traveling to Dubai for the ATP 500 from February 24th. The world number 1 will challenge Roger Federer, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Gael Monfils and Fabio Fognini. For his 17th Grand Slam win he received 2.5 Million Euro as prize money.

In his palmarès there are also 34 Masters 1000 tournaments, in addition to the bronze medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, a Davis Cup and an ATP Cup with the Serbian national team. He is one of ten players to have reached the final in all Grand Slam tournaments.

During a recent press conference, a journalist asked Novak what it was like to share a locker room with Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer: “We mostly avoid each other (breaks into laughter). Locker rooms aren’t that big everywhere, so we sometimes hide behind our lockers or something like that. Sometimes we take shower cabins next to each other, but we don’t look (chuckling). It’s a bit uncomfortable, we are in awkward situations there with our team, huge emotions are on the line.”

Talking about this season, Nole added: “Season started for me in the best possible way. I am extremely motivated and inspired to turn it, maybe, into my best season. I am aware that this is the Olympic season. This means that the schedule will be tiresome and full for me and all other top tennis players.“I have a short-term and long-term plan together with my team. I am experienced and I know what it takes. First step is that I am aware of that, I don’t think it will be a problem for me, although that doesn’t guarantee that the results.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3bV0C43

No comments