Breaking News

Elena Rybakina: The goal now is to be Top 15, finish the year like this

Kazakh tennis star Elena Rybakina has been on a roll in 2020 reaching the finals of 3 events on the tour this year already and says that she owes her success to the hard work during the preseason with her coach.

In an exclusive interview to Vavel, Rybakina says, "I worked a lot with my coach and I had great preseason and I just worked. I think in last three tournaments I improved my serve because before I maybe only had one good day [serving], but today I'm serving really good and it helps me a lot to win the matches and I think we improved a little bit of everything. We [still] have a lot of things to improve. I have a lot of experience now, but I [am] just always learning something new. For example, I played one final in St. Petersburg and then second week against [Simona] Halep. Completely different finals and I think I improved. I followed the tactics, so I'm just learning every time. I think fitness first time I had preseason like six weeks, so I felt much better, but also I'm just fighting. It's not easy every time. All matches for like three sets, so I think it's just because I'm fighting and physically, yes."

Speaking about her goals for the rest of the season, Rybakina says, "I want to win Grand Slam and we will see. I will try, of course, but, I mean, I think the goal now is to be Top 15, finish the year like this because I started really good, so just to keep playing like this."

The 20 year old Rybakina is currently ranked a career best No. 17 in the world rankings.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3aqxShY

No comments