Breaking News

Garin: "Djokovic is the most complete player, but my favorite is still Roger Federer"

Chilean tennis player Cristian Garin gave an interview to ESPN where he spoke about the beginning of the season and his career goals.

Garín has won four ATP tour titles, all of them on clay. In early 2019, he achieved his first consistent results in the ATP Tour, reaching three finals in five tournaments: he finished as runner-up in the 2019 Brasil Open, won his first ATP Tour title at the 2019 U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships and won his second title at the 2019 BMW Open. Garín obtained his third title in early 2020, at the 2020 Córdoba Open. By winning his first ATP Tour 500 title (fourth overall) at the 2020 Rio Open, Garin became the sixth-ever chilean man to be ranked in the Top 20.

"Like any tennis player who dedicates himself to this sport, being a top ten is one of my goals. It would be very exciting to be able to achieve that goal ever. If I could choose a tournament to win, I would say Roland Garros. I think it's the Grand Slam that best suits my style of play" - Garin explained.

On the Big 3, he added: "Novak Djokovic is the most complete tennis player that exists and that I identify with because of his style of play. Nadal is very physical and his strokes are charged with strength which means that you have to do your best to be able to fight him, but my favorite is still Roger Federer. I loved being able to play with him sometime. He surprises me every time I see him play and, despite his age, he continues to enjoy tennis as he did at the beginning of his career."

Garin also said that he is fully recovered on a physical level: "Fortunately, I am very well. If I could go to play tennis tomorrow I would be 100%, but seeing the current state of the situation, I find it very difficult to have tennis in a short time."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3efzEW3

No comments