Breaking News

Jan-Lennard Struff: I'm fine but some players could face financial difficulties

German tennis star Jan-Lennard Struff is using the Tour suspension to spend more time with his girlfriend and his 1-year-old son. 

The Tour has been suspended for a month now and there won't be any tennis events taking place until at least July 13. 

During the season, players don't have much time to spend with their families and now they are trying to make the most out of the Tour suspension.

"I'm super happy that I can spend so much time with my girlfriend and son. He recently turned 1-year-old. Now I can do something with my child during the day and sometimes have time with my girlfriend in the evening. It is just beautiful," Struff told SID, as revealed on tennis MAGAZINE.

Struff, ranked at No. 34 in the world, has earned $5,662,992 in tournament prize money throughout his career. 

The 29-year-old German says he will be fine during the Tour suspension but the lower-ranked players could face financial difficulties. 

"We tennis players are self-employed. We pay for the training, the trips and the coaches. These are enormous costs. I don't want to whine at all now because I'm very well but players ranked outside the top-100 or top-150 could face problems," Struff added. 

Struff's form appeared to be on the rise just before the Tour suspension as he made the Dubai quarterfinal, before he helped Germany beat Belarus in a Davis Cup qualifying round tie. 

Also, Struff appeared to be set to improve his previous career-high ranking of No. 33 in the world. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2wHe7Vi

No comments