Breaking News

Monica Puig:Trying to live normal routine within the fact that it’s not really normal

Reigning Olympic champion Monica Puig says she is trying to remain active and be positive during the quarantine period even while acknowledging the difficult times that are going on around the world right now.

Speaking to Reuters, Puig says, “The stress levels are always going to be much higher but thankfully I’m just trying to live my normal routine within the fact that it’s not really normal. I'm trying to find ways to stay active, stay happy and kind of have a positive outlook on things."

Puig says the decision of the Olympics to delay the event to 2021 was the right one, as it would be difficult to imagine hosting the event in such times. "It’s very hard right now to be a normal person right now with everything that’s going on. Especially in a lot of these hard-hit places. There’s athletes all over the world in really badly affected places that cannot train.”

The Puerto Rican has also her two pets to keep her company during the quarantine period - saying she never realised how "annoying they are sometimes. I think if I bring a third dog to the house I’m going to be kicked out myself. (I am also) Trying to see what other athletes are up to – I’ve seen some people getting very creative with their home workouts, doing different things when you don’t have dumbbells. People are being very responsible in light of the situation, when we really just want to flatten the curve."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2xmNup4

No comments