Breaking News

One Armed Tennis Pro Alex Hunt Talks About Isolation and Social Distancing

Kiwi tennis player Alex Hunt, who earlier played with a prosthetic arm, says that is continuing to train while being in isolation with his family at their Tasman home during the current lockdown.

Speaking to The Stuff, Hunt says he had been looking forward to playing on the professional circuit after injuries and sickness had kept him away from the courts in recent months. "I haven't played a huge amount of tennis lately so I was pretty excited to get back into it - my head was pretty clear, I was probably the fittest I'd ever been and I was ready to get into it."

Hunt was in Indian Wells where he also attended a photo shoot for his sponsor Wilson alongside former Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova and former World No. 3 Grigor Dimitrov and had planned to play in tournaments in Mexico and Vietnam but flew back to New Zealand once the tennis circuit was suspended.

With no tennis till July at least, Hunt will remain at home training to the best extent possible but adds that he is also looking at other options for the future - saying that he may get into public speaking and extend his social media profile to encourage others to meet their goals. "For the tour I'm on now, I'm getting a bit old at age 26 - of course the tennis dream is still there, but I'm trying as well to get the story out there for others."

Hunt has been ranked a career-best No. 1784 in the world rankings in July 2017.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3ehTyj9

No comments