Breaking News

Stan Wawrinka: My most upsetting loss came against Roger Federer was in...

Swiss tennis star Stan Wawrinka has revealed that the time he was most upset by ending on the losing side was when he lost a semifinal thriller against Roger Federer at the Nitto ATP Finals.

Back in 2014, Wawrinka had a golden chance to beat Federer and make his maiden final at The O2 Arena but he failed to deliver in the key moments as he blew four match points against the 38-year-old.

"I thought it was a very exciting match, to say the least," Federer said at the time after beating Wawrinka. “I think the crowd got really into it. I really didn't think I was going to turn it around anymore because Stan looked very good for a long time, was able to win the second set somehow by hanging around. Then in the third, I think he played very well. Maybe a serve let him go a little bit when he needed it the most."

Wawrinka, a three-time Grand Slam champion, hosted an Instagram Live session with world No. 1 Novak Djokovic on Saturday.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2XRs4eF

No comments