Breaking News

Borna Coric confirms: 'I tested positive for coronavirus'

After Grigor Dimitrov, Borna Coric is the second player tested positive for the coronavirus at the Adria Tour in Zadar! The Bulgarian went to Monaco after not feeling well in Zadar, announcing he is positive for the coronavirus and urging the organizers to test everyone that has been around him for the past couple of days. Borna Coric was among those and the test was positive despite the fact the young Croat is feeling o.k and with no symptoms. On social media, Borna called for anyone who had been in contact with him in the last couple of days to test themselves and make sure everything is fine. 

"Hi everyone. I wanted to inform you all that I tested positive for Covid-19. I want to make sure anyone who has been in contact with me during the last few days gets tested! I'm really sorry for any harm I might have caused. I'm feeling well and don't have any symptoms. Please stay safe and healthy."

Borna Coric didn't play the first leg of the Adria Tour in Belgrade, starting the campaign from Zadar in front of the home fans.

In the first match of Zadar's Adria Tour leg, Borna took down Grigor Dimitrov 4-1, 4-1 in 36 minutes for a dominant victory in the town where he spends a couple of weeks every year. The Bulgarian was far from his best, struggling with some injury and playing way below Belgrade's level last week. Coric lost six points behind the initial shot, fending off a break opportunity at the beginning of the second set and controlling the pace to wrap up a win in no time at all. Spraying one error after another, Grigor got broken three times to propel Borna through, not feeling well and withdrawing from the remaining matches. 

Here is what Borna Coric said after the match against Grigor Dimitrov: 

"It was my fifth match in Zadar and I played all of them on a very high level; I like to compete here. I came to Zadar with a lot of confidence, shaping my game in the last couple of weeks and feeling great in front of the home fans. I hope for another great performance tonight. It will be much harder against Novak Djokovic, one of the greatest players of all time. He is always the favorite and will be against me tonight; I will try to give my best and repeat what I showed against Dimitrov. The crowd was great and I hope there will be even more people tonight."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2Z0wG13

No comments