Breaking News

Miomir Kecmanovic: I played Antalya so I'll be fine without fans at US Open

Rising Serbian star Miomir Kecmanovic admits he feels bored in the US Open bubble though he is someone who doesn't go out a lot during tournaments.

"I arrived on Monday. It's boring, you can't go anywhere - that room with games was made, but that's not it. Now that I'm you're not allowed to go out, now I'd like to go everywhere, otherwise I don't go out during the tournament," Kecmanovic told Sport Klub.

Kecmanovic, who is enjoying a career-high ranking of No. 47 in the world, has worked hard on his game in recent weeks. 

The Serb is feeling good about his chances ahead of his US Open first round clash against Italian Gianluca Mager.

"I worked mostly on the slice and volley. Now everything is fine, I can train with full intensity, we will see how it will go. Yes, I haven't played a single match, but the next opponent didn't play much either, he only lost one match. I think I’ll be ready, and Mager played the final in Rio de Janeiro this year - besides, I haven’t seen him have any more notable results, especially not on hard," Kecmanovic said.

Krajinovic excited about the Tour restart 

"Soon I started missing tennis a lot and I couldn't wait to get back on the Tour," Kecmanovic claimed.

One of the first things players noticed at this year's US Open was the quickness of the  surface.

"The surface is a bit faster, the ball slides at some shots. I think that will suit me well and I hope to get something out of it," Krajinovic added.

Kecmanovic followed fellow compatriot Filip Krajinovic's run at the Cincinnati Masters. 

Krajinovic was up by a set and a break -- even served for the match -- before Milos Raonic staged a big comeback in the quarterfinal.

"I watched the first round on TV, now the quarterfinals with Raonic. Filip plays phenomenally, he literally lost by a point, he is in great shape," Kecmanovic said of Krajinovic.

Kecmanovic was beaten by Lorenzo Sonego in last year's Antalya Open final. 

The Antalya Open was poorly visited by fans and Kecmanovic says playing without fans at the US Open won't be a big problem for him.

"ATP tournament in Antalya, when I played the final, there was no one there, I have that experience, there is a bigger crowd at Futures event. It will probably be a little more relaxed, like in training, I think I'll be fine," Kecmanovic said.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3jn4P3A

No comments