Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'I was gonna say I am chasing around my children'

Among the numerous reasons that made the 2020 season strange and (hopefully) unrepeatable, it is impossible not to mention the very long absence of Roger Federer. The phenomenon from Basel has only played in the Australian Open this year, then opted for a double operation on his right knee that will keep him in the pits until the beginning of 2021. Although he turns 40 next year, the Swiss veteran has already put in the sights the Happy Slam, where this year almost miraculously reached the semifinals. The big goals of 2021 will be Wimbledon and the Tokyo Olympics, postponed by twelve months due to the Coronavirus emergency. The long absence from the fields was an excellent opportunity for Roger to meet his sponsors and give interviews. During an event organized by Chinese Tmall, the 20-time Grand Slam champion talked about some extra-tennis topics. These months of hiatus allowed Federer to enjoy time with his family without the stress of tournaments.

Federer reveals his relaxation routine

Roger Federer’s versatility and ease on the court reflect in his real life. To answer what he does to relax himself, he gleefully said, “I was gonna say I am chasing around my children, but I am not sure if that’s relaxing.” But, it is his natural modesty that makes all the difference for him. He adds, “I still like to sleep, of course, or relax, and watch TV. I am still a guy who likes to put on the TV, kick his feet up, and maybe watch some sports.” On the prevailing question, he adds, “And then, one thing I have always enjoyed ever since I came on the tour is to try different types of restaurants with my wife and with the friends that we have in those cities. I think this is a really nice way for me to unwind after a long busy day.” An Infosys ATP Beyond The Numbers analysis of extended rallies of 9+ shots from the year-end Top 10 in the 2019 season uncovers that this elite group combined to win just 52.5 per cent of total points in this specific rally length. The data set is from ATP Masters 1000 events in 2019 on Hawk-Eye courts. The Top 10 leader was Rafael Nadal, who won a commanding 58 per cent of extended rallies in the 9+ rally length. The Spaniard was the only Top 10 player to cross the 55 per cent threshold. What’s interesting is that Roger Federer, typically known for wanting to finish points quickly, came in second place, winning 54.5 per cent of points in extended rallies of nine shots or more. Few would have guessed that the Swiss placed higher up this list than his arch-rival, Novak Djokovic, who came in sixth place, winning 53.7 per cent (538/1002) of extended rallies.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3oZtYoI

No comments