Breaking News

Maria Sharapova: "Sugarpova gave me a new perspective"

Maria Sharapova has been one of the most beautiful tennis players and sportswomen of the last twenty years, she has won a lot and has experienced several vicissitudes throughout her career, but currently, we can say that the Russian is no longer only known for her role as a tennis champion.

During the Second Life podcast, Sharapova talked about why she decided to pursue a career outside the world of tennis. Sharapova was a former world number 1 for 21 weeks and has won 36 career titles including 5 Grand Slam titles.

Furthermore, Maria is the only Russian tennis player and seventh in history to have completed the Career Slam. In addition to being a great champion, Sharapova has also made significant gains: she has been associated with several major brands throughout her career and has even launched her own company.

Why did Maria Sharapova create her own company?

In fact, in 2013 Sharapova launched the candy company called Sugarpova and many have wondered the reason for this choice. Sugarpova currently has 12 different flavors of gummy candies and is one of the most successful brands in the world in this industry.

In 2008 Maria Sharapova won her third Slam title at the Australian Open making her number one in the world again. After this success everything changed with Maria who contracted a tear in the tendon of the shoulder, the second serious injury there and was forced to undergo surgery.

She said: "At that time I was working non-stop to try to win even without my father, I wanted to show everyone my level and I was playing great. The injury changed my plans and I can say with absolute certainty that that stop gave me a new perspective on the way of life and meant that I wanted to have something that I also felt a little bit mine. My company, my brand. These candies represented a memory I had brought to my friends in Russia from the United States."

In the meantime, the Russian, through her social networks, announced that she and Alexander Gilkes are officially engaged and are planning to unite their love in marriage. Maria Sharapova has been in a relationship with the British businessman since October 2018. It is therefore time to take the next step for Sharapova, who announced her retirement from the world of tennis at the Australian Open last year. Alexander Gilkes, for his part, was born in London in June 1979, and is the co-founder of Squared Circles and was the president of Paddle8 from 2011 to 2018, that is until the company was sold.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2WVbnxc

No comments