Breaking News

Paul Jubb on Andy Murray: Anything that he does you take from

Great Britain's Paul Jubb, 21, admits it hasn't been an ideal way to start his career during a pandemic but he is trying to draw positives from the situation as he noted that this situation has allowed him to train hard and work on some things he really wanted to improve.

Jubb, who made his Wimbledon debut last year after being handed a wildcard, turned professional this season but with everything that was happening this year, the Briton ended the year without playing an official match.

"It’s definitely a tough time to turn pro but I think we’ve used this time to work on some things I wouldn’t have been able to develop if I was playing week in, week out," Jubb told the PA news agency, as revealed on Express & Star.

"It’s kind of been a blessing in disguise in some ways. It’s been a very productive period for me but I definitely hope to be back playing on the match court soon.”

Jubb put up a good performance against former world No. 28 Joao Sousa at Wimbledon but it wasn't enough as the experienced Portuguese won 6-0 6-3 6-7 (8) 6-1. 

Jubb taking notes from Andy Murray 

Murray, a three-time Grand Slam champion, offered some advice to Jubb and the 21-year-old Briton says he is not interested in only playing big events -- he also wants to make some notable results.

"I think about it quite a lot,” Jubb said. “It’s a good motivator to get back there because overall it was a positive experience for me to play at Wimbledon, it was unbelievable, but I didn’t perform the way I wanted to.

“For any competitor, you can’t be happy just to turn up at this big tournament and lose, that’s definitely not what I’m about. I want to go there and win.”

Jubb, ranked at No. 536 in the world, knows he will have to work hard in order to earn a chance to again play at Wimbledon.

"Because I’ve got such a long way to go, it’s kind of a daunting thought but it’s all part of the process and that’s part of the fun really, the journey. I’m ready to get stuck in and grind away and hopefully have some positive results in the future.”

Speaking of his relationship with Murray, Jubb said: "He’s been a good support. Everyone’s different but obviously he’s done a lot of things right so anything that he does you take from. Hopefully I’ll spend some more court time with him as well so only positive things.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/36tiWk2

No comments