Breaking News

Rafael Nadal: 'After brushing my teeth, I was back at the fridge'

World number 2 Rafael Nadal is known for his tremendous self-control on the tennis court, where he rarely expresses his anger and frustration even in moments of greatest tension. This year the Spanish phenomenon won Roland Garros for the 13th time in his career, the fourth without losing a single set. Thanks to this success, the 34-year-old from Manacor crowned his long pursuit of Roger Federer's record, equaling him to 20 Grand Slam titles. Rafa also tried to win the ATP Finals for the first time, but - despite the excellent performance offered throughout the week at the O2 Arena - he gave up in the semifinals to a wild Daniil Medvedev. Nadal was recently a guest on the 'El Hormiguero' program, where he talked about a wide range of topics pursued by host Pablo Motos. During the conversation, the Majorcan confessed that he is madly in love with chocolate.

Nadal on his passion for chocolate

"Chocolate," Rafael Nadal responded when asked about his biggest weakness. "The issue is I have great self-control inside the court. I don't get mad. I don't throw away the racket. But when it comes to chocolate it's harder, the level of self-control is different." Rafael Nadal went on to say he is trying to change his habit of eating chocolate at night, an endeavor in which his wife occasionally helps too. "I used to eat at night too," Nadal added. "After brushing my teeth, I was back at the fridge. I'm trying to change that, make it less at night. (I like chocolate) with milk, I think it tastes better. The more ingredients the better. My wife hides it too. Sometimes, I find the Nutella behind the cupboard. During Titanic, I cried like a baby in the movies and with The Lion King there was a lot of drama when Mufasa died. I can cry easily," the Spaniard said. Rafael Nadal also revealed he likes to party off the court, but regrets that he doesn't get as much time to attend music concerts. "I like to party and of course I drink alcohol; I like tequila," Nadal said. "I have not been too many concerts. I have been to several of Julio Iglesias. I saw Shakira and Bisbal but I don't have much time." The Spaniard said that a good bit of credit for what he is today should also go to the professionals who have been around him and his friends. He said: “I have had a great professional team and I’ve had great friends all throughout my life, who have helped me whenever I needed it. They have known what they needed to give me at any given time. There are times when you can demand more from people and there are moments when you can ask them for less.” 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/39JKjIX

No comments