Breaking News

'Roger Federer can still win a 2 out of 3 sets against the best players', says legend

Perhaps 2021 for Roger Federer, as well as for Serena Williams, will be the last act. After so many years of field battles around the world, will the king face 2021 as the final act of his eternal show? For Roger Federer perhaps the last trumpet blast. “It will turn 40 and I believe it will be uncharted territory. It will be difficult to predict what will happen, and whether he will still be able to continue winning”. Absolute champions like Federer have one last wonderful boarding in their magic box. King Roger will certainly not stand by to watch the others divide the spoils. From my point of view Roger will go to Gerry Webber and if he were to play Wimbledon. “It is quite clear that I am at the end of my career. I can't say the retirement will happen in two years, as I make my plans year after year. I feel good and happy right now, I don't even remotely think about a possible retirement. When my body stops responding properly, then I'll stop playing pro. However, I will continue to play and have fun with my friends and family." During the latest episode of the Kickserveradio podcast, Mats Wilander spoke at length about Roger Federer’s future. 

Wilader on Roger Federer

Mats Wilander believes Roger Federer still has the ability to defeat the top-ranked players in best-of-three-sets matches, which gives him a good chance of clinching the elusive gold in 2021. "I would always say that in the last 3 or 4 years that I think Tokyo 2020 was gonna be towards the end of his career," Wilander said. "Now, obviously Tokyo is hopefully next year, but I think he can still win that you know. He can still win a 2 out of 3 sets against the best of the world at the Olympics. I think that with Roger Federer in a weird way I think it's Laver Cup and the Olympics," the Swede added. "Of course mustn’t forget the Olympics, he’s never won the gold medal in singles." Finally, after a round of discussions, Tennis Australia announced that the Australian Open 2021 will begin from the February 8, 2021. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, there have been many delays and changes in the tennis calendar. This pattern has continued from the 2020 season into the season ahead in 2021.  The effects of the pandemic have been severe to humankind. The ease with which humans were contracting the virus has been alarming. Citing these reasons, the authorities had to keep the safety of all individuals as the number one priority. 



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2KIcIV0

No comments