Breaking News

Roger Federer: 'Every week in piano lesson I had to explain why...'

The countdown for the Australian Open has started. After the official announcement of the first part of the ATP calendar in the new year, Roger Federer's response is expected about whether or not he will be in Melbourne. A few days ago, the Swiss made it known that he did not feel so sure of being able to take the field in the slam down under. In an interview with "Schweizer Illustrierte", Roger explained that the next few weeks will be decisive in making a decision on the matter. "We will celebrate Christmas in Dubai, as we always do - he said -. We feel good and there are facilities in which I can train. It will be important to test the condition of my knee on the field. I hope to be well enough to go to Australia. . Training in the cold indoor pitches in Switzerland is not the best way to prepare for the tournament. That's why we go to Dubai every year, especially this year. " Federer then said he often had contact with colleague Rafael Nadal: "In recent months I have talked a lot with him as we are both part of the players' council. We talked about how we can improve our sport, but we also had more personal conversations. about the situation in Spain. He often asked me how my knee was." In a recent interview with Schweizer Illustrierte, Federer revealed that he hopes to pick up a musical instrument after he retires from tennis.

Federer hopes to pick up some kind of musical instrument

"I would like to play an instrument again," Roger Federer said. "Hopefully when I stop playing tennis I'll have time. I used to play the piano. But of course I was more likely to play football, tennis or basketball. Every week in piano lesson I had to explain why I hadn't practiced any more and said: 'That's tennis'. Then it was said: 'Well, Roger, let's just try this song again'." Finally, after a round of discussions, Tennis Australia announced that the Australian Open 2021 will begin from the February 8, 2021. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, there have been many delays and changes in the tennis calendar. This pattern has continued from the 2020 season into the season ahead in 2021. Craig Tiley mentioned the efforts taken by the government and local bodies in ensuring safety so that the tournament could be carried out smoothly. He praised them and said, “Protecting the precious COVID-free environment that the Victorian community has built through incredible sacrifice and hard work over the past six months, has been paramount. It has taken eight months of working alongside government authorities to give us the opportunity to present an Australian Open.”



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3mMA0qt

No comments