Breaking News

Madelene Sagstrom: "I was abused as child"

Madelene Sagstrom was the victim of abuse at the age of 7 by a man close to her family. For 16 years she remained silent before telling everything, in 2016, to her coach about her. This is the shocking revelation of the Swedish golfer who from Thursday 25 to Sunday 28 February in Florida will defend her only title on the LPGA Tour won in 2020 at the Gainbridge Championship.

In the "Drive On" column of the greatest American female circuit, which highlights the stories and curiosities of the protagonists of the tour, the confession of Sagstrom arrived, who is now 28 years old. Her first outburst in 2016, through tears, with her coach Robert Karlsson, in a hotel room in Greenwood, South Carolina, before a Symetra Tour tournament.

Madelene Sagstrom, statements

"In all those years - Sagstrom's story - I blamed myself. I hated myself and despised my body. I had nightmares and I couldn't get over it. Then I grew up and now I'm not afraid anymore. After that revelation, in that same year, I won three tournaments and this is thanks to Karlsson who understood and supported me. I will do my best to make sure stories like mine don't happen again".

Revelations also of Bubba Watson: "I no longer need to hide that I am a man with some problems and that sometimes cries. There are ups and downs in life and I am not ashamed to admit it."

The American golfer can also boast two career triumphs (in 2012 and 2014) at The Masters. And that now, on the eve of The Genesis Invitational, an event of the PGA Tour until Sunday in California (which Watson has already won three times, the last in 2018), he wanted to talk about his sufferings. Caused by an attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), as well as anxiety problems, which has led to many teasing in the past.

"He hurt me - admits the 42 year old from Baghdad (Florida) - but now I have learned to know and manage myself". A suffering that has been part of his life for a long time, which got worse two years ago. When Watson couldn't sleep, he lost weight and feared for his life. "I thought I was going to die, but I never stopped fighting". He was also and above all helped by golf. A sport, his sport, considered perfect for those suffering from ADHD.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2MiUkmS

No comments