Breaking News

Carlos Alcaraz: "It would be a dream to play against Roger Federer"

Carlos Alcaraz earned the Roland Garros 2021 main draw by playing three excellent matches in the qualifying tournament. The young Spanish talent has left the crumbs to Lukas Lacko, Andrea Pellegrino and Alejandro Tabilo and, considering the fourth Challenger won at Oeiras last week, opened an eight-game winning streak on clay.

In the press conference the young Spanish palyer said: "I'm very happy. I will be in the Roland Garros main draw for the first time. It's a good feeling. I feel very comfortable on the pitch and can't wait to find out the name of my next opponent. Winning the Oeiras Challenger has given me a lot of confidence, even if it won't be easy to play best-of-five games.

I try to be ready. Will anyone want to fish me as a qualified? I do not know. I just try to play to my full potential; I still don't know what other players think of me. I prefer to focus on myself and improve game after game. I feel very good and I am playing at a high level.

My weakness was the mental aspect, but I am showing that I have a better attitude and mentality. This is why important results have come. He must always be 100% focused and motivated. I hope to continue on this path and to be able to grow further."

Carlos Alcaraz: "It would be a dream to play against Roger Federer"

Alcaraz talked also about Roger Federer. He said: "Every match will be able to teach me something. Playing against Federer would be incredible, a dream. Even to face Zverev again would be great. It is always special to challenge and get to know these great players. I would face both of them in the best way, I think I can beat anyone. I would also have my chances against Federer and Zverev."

The Spaniard will therefore try to do his best in Paris, where he will play his first Grand Slam on clay after his experience at the Australian Open. In Melbourne, Alcaraz went all the way to the second round and lost to Mikael Ymer.



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/2TpFYUV

No comments