Breaking News

'I'd like to become like Roger Federer', says young ATP star

Roger Federer wanted to give himself one last chance to enrich his already illustrious showcase, which is why he decided to return to the field after undergoing two knee surgeries last year. At the age of 40, the Swiss phenomenon has repeatedly reiterated that his great goals in 2021 will be Wimbledon and the Tokyo Olympics, without forgetting the US Open scheduled for late summer. After a brief return to Doha at the beginning of March, King Roger will begin his season on red in Geneva, before traveling to Paris to compete in Roland Garros. We remind you that the second Grand Slam of the year will start a week late due to the delicate health situation in France. The dream of playing for so long tickles the imagination of many young colleagues, including the Italian Lorenzo Musetti. The Massa Carrara tennis player has shown remarkable potential over the past twelve months, as well as being gifted with talent and variety not common on the tour. Interviewed by 'IoDonna' in recent days, the blue has revealed with great sincerity the goals he would like to achieve.

Musetti pays tribute to Roger Federer

"I'll be 29… I'm hoping for a Grand Slam tournament," Lorenzo Musetti said. "I imagine a long career: taking care of your body you play up to 35 years." The Italian then cited the example of Roger Federer, who will be turning 40 this year, as someone who has pushed the envelope beyond what was deemed possible. "In the case of Roger Federer even 40," Musetti continued. "I'd like to become world number one, like him. But I'm not the only one who dreams of it." During the interaction, Lorenzo Musetti was also asked about the comparisons he faces with Jannik Sinner: "I consider myself a friend of his, not a rival, but it's fair to talk about it," Musetti said. "We are young, we are doing good to the Italy of tennis. Jannik deserves everything he has." Recently, Italian teenager Lorenzo Musetti spoke highly of Roger Federer and remembered the first time he’d come across the tennis legend. Interestingly, he saw the 39-year-old player competing in a doubles match in Rome. To date, whenever he visits the venue, his heart starts racing. The Italian tennis player stated, “I was a child, but the memories are clear. I took my place on a packed pitch to see my hero Roger Federer play in doubles. Since then, every time I enter the Foro Italico my heart beats fast. I never thought I’d get there by having to defend last year’s round of 16, but Rome is the place in the world where I want to do well.”

 

from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3unwGGG

No comments