Breaking News

WTA Madrid 2021 semifinals HIGHLIGHTS: Barty got the final!

Ashleigh Barty defeated Paula Badosa for 6-4 6-3 to reach the final of the WTA Mutua Madrid Open 2021. Both players showed great solidity in serving and only the tenth game was able to permanently shift the balance.

Badosa bravely saved two set points, but committed a painful double foul on the third and handed the set to her opponent. At the start of the second set, Barty lost control of the backhand and found the worst game of his serving game, but immediately recovered the break from behind and put pressure on the young Spanish player, before closing the match and reaching the final, where she will face Aryna Sabalenka. Belarus 6-2 6-3 defeated Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova.

In the press conference Barty said: "I've learned a lot about clay in recent years, but I'm still counting down to the season on grass. The memories I'm recording on clay are fantastic. You have to learn from every game, not. the opponent matters. I certainly learned a lot from the game I lost against Badosa in Charleston. I changed a little bit and I think I was able to better control my serving time and put more pressure on her in return. It was important to regain my strength. break behind at the beginning of the second set and take the lead again."



from Tennis World USA https://ift.tt/3xMjhKm

No comments