Breaking News

Andy Murray warns fans: I still have some pain in my hip

Andy Murray reached Brisbane to play the men's tennis event where he won the 2012 and 2013 titles. The three-time Grand Slam winner competed in five tournaments between June and September this year and he has had a lot of time to recover from his hip injury, but he has warned that he is not at his best yet. Speaking to the local media at the airport on Thursday, the former world no. 1 said: 'I still have some pain in my hip but I need to play matches and see how it feels when I am able to play three, four, five matches in a row and take it from there. I’m in a better place than I was a few months ago. I played a few tournaments in the summer in the UK and the US and I feel better than I did then. Last year when I came here was tough - I was struggling quite a lot. It definitely feels a bit better than I did coming here last year. I am looking forward to it - I’ve always loved playing here.’

Asked what kind of goals he would like to accomplish in Brisbane and at the Australian Open, Murray added: 'I would just like to get through the tournaments and feel like I am able to compete and not be restricted by my hip, which was the case for most of the events I played (in 2018).'

Murray made a comeback after his hip injury in 2018. The British player endured a tough season in 2017-18 after finishing a season as the world no. 1 for the first time in 2016. 

ALSO READ: Rafael Nadal: Worse players than David Ferrer won a Grand Slam title

Continue reading...



from Tennis World USA http://bit.ly/2QU3CXI

No comments